Spotlight – Q & A
Where did you grow up? I was born in California and moved Longview at 2 years old. We moved here because my father got a new job at the Weyerhaeuser plant in Longview.
What schools did you attend? Growing up we lived in and around Longview, Kelso and Castle Rock. I attended Monticello Middle School and graduated from R.A. Long – class of 1984.
My memories of R.A. Long are great. Most young people want to move out of town. I graduated from high school then married my husband at the age of 18 and settled here – we’ve been married 34 years. Mrs. Trochim and her husband Phil have two adult girls.
Mrs. Trochim, Cascade Middle School
Where did you go to college? WSU Vancouver – I’ll I ever wanted to be was a teacher. I was offered a job at Cascade Middle School before graduating from college and took the job. I’ve been at Cascade ever since, and this is my 15th year here.
What subject do you teach? I started out teaching English/Language Arts and still do – it’s my passion. I am also fortunate to work with kids in the WEB (Where […]
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Cascade Middle School will be putting on a Food and Clothing Drive starting Monday, December 10th through Thursday, December 20th. This is to help support our local families in need this holiday season. Please consider donating food and warm clothing items to help Outreach provide meals and clothing for local area students throughout their winter break from school.
To get a better idea of some suggested items for donation, please click the link below.
-Cascade Middle School
- Today, December 3rd, is National Roof over Your Head Day.
- Lunch today is popcorn chicken served with baked potato gems and steamed broccoli.
- Have you ever made a super cool gift for a friend or family member? Cascade Middle School is having a crafting party on Dec 8th from 10am to 12. Bring your friends and family and come have a blast with us as we all build and create holiday centerpieces. Everything is free, including the cocoa and cookies. Sign up in the front office. Hurry because there are only 24 seats left, and they will go fast.
- All 6th and 7th grade students need to turn their OMSI field trip permission slip forms in to their first period teachers ASAP. Payments for the trip also need to be turned in ASAP and should be brought to the office.
- Reminder to students: when you are at lunch, food needs to remain in the cafeteria. No food should be brought outside. In addition, when you leave the cafeteria and go to the courtyard you should not re-enter the building without permission from a staff member. No students should be wandering the halls at lunch.
- Wrestlers: You have a home […]